Aviation Medicine/Aerospace medicine is a medical specialty which combines aspects of preventive, occupational, environmental and clinical medicine with the physiology and psychology of man in flight. It is concerned with the health and safety of those who fly, crew and passengers.
Fakeeh Aeromedical Examination Clinic (AME) is a specialist clinic designed specifically for conducting Pilot, Cabin Crew and Air Traffic Controller medicals as required under (GACA) General Authority of Civil Aviation of Kingdom of Saudi Arabia regulations.
Goals and Objectives
- Our primary objective is ensuring safety in our air spaces which is achieved by careful and detailed physical examinations and medical investigations of aircrew.
- Fakeeh AME has the responsibility to ensure that only those applicants who are physically and mentally able to perform safely may exercise the privileges of their licenses.
- To properly discharge the duties associated with these responsibilities, Fakeeh AME always maintains familiarity with general medical knowledge applicable to aviation through refresher courses.
- Fakeeh AME has a detailed knowledge and understanding of the General Authority of Civil Aviation (GACA) of Kingdom of Saudi Arabia regulations, policies, procedures and guidance material related to medical certification.
- Fakeeh AME is familiar with the medical history questions in the medical application pages and ensures that the applicant understands each question.
- In Fakeeh AME, team personally conducts all medical examinations at our facility and assumes responsibility for the accuracy and completeness of the total report of examination.
- Fakeeh AME is responsible to put in place a system for the purpose of record keeping and patient confidentiality.
In Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, an Aviation Medical Examiner (AME) is a physician designated by the General Authority of Civil Aviation (GACA who is given the authority to perform flight physical examinations and investigations on pilots, cabin crew, air traffic controllers and flight engineers (class 1, 2 and 3).
Our services include:
• Completion of application forms
• Ophthalmology examination
• Electrocardiograph (ECG)
• Spirometer (pulmonary function test)
• Bloods to include Haemoglobin and Cholesterol (if possible please fast for 12 – 14 hours prior to your medical and drink plenty of water)
• General medical examination, to include height, weight, blood pressure, urine analysis and full physical examination by the aeromedical examiner
• Dedicated screening area for pilots
• Personal concierge
• Competitively priced
At Fakeeh AME, we aim to provide the highest quality of services to ensure that only comprehensive medical examinations and investigations are carried out.
We are passionate about air safety and also ensuring that the General Authority of Civil Aviation (GACA) Industry maintains a continuous safety record.